Sunday, May 22, 2011

ASTD 2011 International Conference & Exposition - getting warmed up

Just sat down for the first of many sessions @ ASTD's 2011 International Conference & Exposition. I'm already overwhelmed, as I usually am, at the sheer numbers of people involved in these events. Although a former colleague of mine used to chastise me for not making more of the networking opportunities available at these events it's good for me to just get to a session room, relax prior to the session, and really focus on the material. The chaos of the hallways and main registration areas is often way too much to take in, except in small doses. I'm really looking forward to meeting some new people, browsing the book store, and wandering through the expo but my focus, as I'd assume it should be, is on the content of the sessions.

And now on to the first one... "Do you have the right e-Learning culture?" by Marc Rosenberg. This should be perfect for me and one of my main responsibilities at work - leading a very 'sit and listen' organization into a new century.

No comments:

Post a Comment